Who pays for all this?

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 01:12:10 PDT 2014

On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 04:09:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I believe a foundation would help D. Unfortunately, setting one
> up is very laborious, and neither Walter nor I know anything
> about that - from what I understand it takes a _lot_ of work.
> If anyone is able and willing to embark on creating a
> foundation for D, that would be a great help to the language
> and its community.

An alternative is to join an umbrella organisation that has
experience setting up foundations for open source projects. To
name a couple:
Software Freedom Conservancy (Boost), Software in the Public
Interest, and the Outercurve Foundation. As far as I understand
it these organisations will help you with the paperwork, but you
have full autonomy outside of that.

See http://lwn.net/Articles/561336/ for some more
suggestions/ideas.

Edwin