What are the worst parts of D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 03:15:28 PDT 2014

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 10:22:01 +0200
Martin DraĊĦar via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

as i said this is the very first version of cmdcon, not the one i'm
using now. i'm not able to publish the current version yet.

> That is, how do you use this console interactively?
> In your previous mail you wrote that you use a telnet.
> Do you have another mixin that at some specific point inserts a code
> that pauses the execution of surrounding code and starts listening
> for telnet commands?
it depends of event loop, actually. i have my own event loop code, and
there is hook for telnet channel. that hook collects line to execute,
calls cmdcon executor and outputs cmdcon output. maybe i'll publish
some std.socket-based sample later.

> Also, how do you make your console work in multithreaded programs?
you should register only shared and global vars (and i'm really missing
__trait(isGShared) here!), there is no sense to register thread locals
in multithreaded program.

but you can register free functions and execute 'em. that free
functions should take care of threading.

really, i have to revisit that code and write some samples. i'll try to
do that soon. and maybe i'll update public versino of cmdcon a little
too. ;-)