What are the worst parts of D?

ixid via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 03:56:10 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 00:52:25 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/24/2014 7:56 AM, Don wrote:
>> For example: We agreed *years* ago to remove the NCEG
>> operators. Why haven't
>> they been removed yet?
>
> They do generate a warning if compiled with -w.
>

>>> What change in particular?
>> I've got a nasty feeling that you misread what he wrote. Every
>> time we say,
>> "breaking changes are good", you seem to hear "breaking
>> changes are bad"!
>
> It would be helpful having a list of what breaking changes you
> had in mind.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a themed update?
Currently you and Andrei are busy with the C++ changes, when that
is settling down maybe the community could focus on a cleaning
house update. With clear update themes (which does not preclude
the usual mixture of things also going on) people can air issues
and get it ye or nay'd clearly. Combining the previously
discussed auto-update code tool with a set of breaking changes
would make sense.