What are the worst parts of D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 06:18:20 PDT 2014

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 12:48:28 +0000
Meta via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 07:51:41 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 07:44:56 +0000
> > Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d
> > <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I would also add that it's scaring not having seen a single
> >> comment of Andrej here:
> >> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3998
> > it's not about c++ interop or gc, so it can wait. existing D
> > users will
> > not run away, they are used to be second-class citizens.
>
> That's a bit unfair of you.

that's what i see. even when people praying for breaking their code to
fix some quirks in language, the answer is "NO". why no? 'cause
some hermit living in far outlands may wrote some code years ago and
that code will break and hermit will be unhappy. unhappiness of active
users doesn't matter.

and about writing autofixing tool... silence is the answer. "so will
you accept that changes if we'll write dfix tool to automatically
fixing source code?" silence. "play your little games, we don't care,
as we don't plan to change that anyway, regardless of the tool
availability".

Walter once said that he is against "dfix", and nothing was changed
since. "ah, maybe, we aren't interested..." there is little motivation
of doing work on "dfix" if it's not endorsed by leading
language developers.

and now for multiple "alias this"... as you can see this will not help
c++ interop, and it will not help gc, so it can lay rotting on github.
not a word, not even "will not accept this" or "it's interesting, please
keep it up-to-date while you can, we are little busy right now, but
will look at it later". second-class citizens will not run away.