GC behavior

Jonathan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 09:23:39 PDT 2014

If I pool all unused objects such that no object needs to be
GC'ed, does it still perform scanning? What are other good ways
to avoid its overhead? As you might tell, I know rather little
how D's garbage collection works. I'm working on a game engine
and trying to be as resource efficient as possible.

FYI, I've been using Rust for the last three months and decided
to take a break from it. The documentation is far from the
quality that D has and managing explicit lifetimes becomes a
serious pain during mid project, especially in cases that you
know are already safe.