What are the worst parts of D?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 11:55:06 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 06:13:41PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 16:06:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[...]
> >It would be terrific if Sociomantic would improve its communication
> >with the community about their experience with D and their needs
> >going forward.
>
> How about someone starts paying attention to what Don posts? That
> could be an incredible start. I spend great deal of time both reading
> this NG (to be aware of what comes next) and writing (to express both
> personal and Sociomantic concerns) and have literally no idea what can
> be done to make communication more clear.

I don't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure *somebody* at
Sociomantic has stated clearly their request recently: Please break our
code *now*, if it helps to fix language design issues, rather than
later.

Or, if you'll allow me to paraphrase it, pay the one-time cost of broken
code now, rather than incur the ongoing cost of needing to continually
workaround language issues.

Too many people have open minds but closed eyes.