What are the worst parts of D?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 6 12:07:57 PDT 2014

On 10/6/14, 11:55 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 06:13:41PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 16:06:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> [...]
>>> It would be terrific if Sociomantic would improve its communication
>>> with the community about their experience with D and their needs
>>> going forward.
>>
>> How about someone starts paying attention to what Don posts? That
>> could be an incredible start. I spend great deal of time both reading
>> this NG (to be aware of what comes next) and writing (to express both
>> personal and Sociomantic concerns) and have literally no idea what can
>> be done to make communication more clear.
>
> I don't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure *somebody* at
> Sociomantic has stated clearly their request recently: Please break our
> code *now*, if it helps to fix language design issues, rather than
> later.

More particulars would be definitely welcome. I should add that
Sociomantic has an interesting position: it's a 100% D shop so
interoperability is not a concern for them, and they did their own GC so
GC-related improvements are unlikely to make a large difference for
them. So "C++ and GC" is likely not to be high priority for them. -- Andrei