Make const, immutable, inout, and shared illegal as function attributes on the left-hand side of a function

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 9 01:50:44 PDT 2014

Kenji just proposed a slightly controversial pull request so I want to
reach out for more people to discuss it's tradeoffs.
It's about deprecating function qualifiers on the left hand side of a
function.

So instead of
     const int foo();
you'd should write
     int foo() const;

Then at some future point we could apply the left hand side qualifiers
to the return type, e.g. `const int foo();` == `const(int) foo();`

Would this affect your code?
Do you think it makes your code better or worse?
Is this just a pointless style change?
Anything else?

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4043