Make const, immutable, inout, and shared illegal as function attributes on the left-hand side of a function

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 00:52:54 PDT 2014

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 19:37:31 -0700
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> If we're going to break things, it needs to be for something that
> matters. This doesn't make the cut.
ah, again...

people: yes, yes, we WANT it, let's break our code and do it!
Walter: ha, shut up! this doesn't matter at all, we will not break the
code for this!
people: aaaargh! (--motivation, ++frustration)

i myself don't like this game enough to participate. there is no sense
in both implementing something and discussing something. small fixes
will be rejected due to being small, big fixes will be rejected due to
being big. and medium fixes will be rejected due to being too big for
small and too small for big. this game has no way to win.

so at least nobody will read any more rants from me about
inconsistencies in D. still a win.