D2 (Debian) + MSSQL

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 01:16:14 PDT 2014

On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 01:33:23 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> Well, thanks for the explanation, now I understand more at the
> expense of Microsoft.
> It is a pity that it is not possible to write a client on D for
> mssql now.
> I liked the language D.
>
> Thank you all ...
>
> P.s.
> I work in a company where a very large database, and very
> stability is important, data integrity, etc. And mysql or
> MariaDB not suitable for these tasks. Maybe in the future turn
> out to use PostgreSQL.

If you want stability, you're a lot better off using tested C
bindings than a lightly-tested native D binding. One of the
advantages of D's interoperability with C libraries is that you
don't have to rewrite code. A bigger advantage is that you can
take advantage of all the testing that has been done on those C
libraries.