What are the worst parts of D?

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 06:54:14 PDT 2014

On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 08:45:38 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 17:29:01 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 16:22:52 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:

I think the worst of D is summarized quite well by the following:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/m15i9c$51b$1@digitalmars.com

http://forum.dlang.org/post/54374DE0.6040405@digitalmars.com

And that is: the focus is no longer to do the right things about
D, but to make D do the right thing for some shadowy customers
that don't even care enough to come here and grumble.

Let's put D2 in maintenance mode and take on D3 with this nice
motto, taken from here:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/3af85684-7728-4165-acf9-520a240f65e0@me.com

"why didn't work like that from the beginning?"