Make const, immutable, inout, and shared illegal as function attributes on the left-hand side of a function

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 13:51:54 PDT 2014

On 10/10/2014 10:31 AM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> You shouldn't be blaming C++ for mistakes that D made.

I meant when perceptions about what something means are carried over from one
language to another.

> Equally, static does not have a double-meaning.

static famously in C++ has multiple meanings :-) and does so in D as well.

Overloading keywords with more than one meaning is common practice and isn't
necessarily bad in a programming language. In D, we overload 'this' with at
least 3 distinct meanings.