GDC & Pandaboard/QEMU & Framebuffer

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 22:35:50 PDT 2014

On 6 Oct 2014 11:15, "Joakim via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 04:39:03 UTC, John A wrote:
>>
>> Not sure where to post this; it's not a question, just some info.
>>
>> I have created a set of pages here:
>>
>>   http://arrizza.org/wiki/index.php/Dlang
>>
>> with instructions which include:
>>   - how to create a GDC cross-compiler using crosstool-ng
>>   - how to create some sample applications to test out GDC
>>   - how to create a sample app that writes to the framebuffer via GDC
>>   - how to set up and run these apps on QEMU
>>   - how to run the same apps on a Pandaboard
>>
>> There is nothing new here. Others have written it already, some of which
worked as advertised for me, some didn't. I've just gathered it up, tried
it out and wrote down very specific instructions about what I needed to do
to get it to work. Hopefully it works well for you.

>> Note I use Ubuntu 12.04 for everything, so these pages won't help
Windows folks.

>> John
>

> Nice, I have ldc working at pretty much the same level on linux/arm,
tested on a Cubieboard2.  Have you tried running any of the druntime/phobos
unit tests?  All but two modules of druntime, as of the dmd 2.066 release,
pass for me, while only three modules pass from phobos.  I'll put up
instructions for cross-compiling with ldc once I have more of it working,
as cross-compiling with ldc is easier.

At the last time I tested, all unittests and testsuite had been passing on
ARM.  There were a number of forward ported tests. And a few disabled (ie:
evaluation order of array operations differ between x86 and every other
architecture).

Iain.