Worse is better?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 10 23:53:31 PDT 2014

On 10/10/2014 06:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/9/2014 5:36 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Is this the politically correct wy to say "we don't care about
>> simplicity anymore!" ?
>
> If simplicity was the overriding goal, we'd settle for the simplest
> possible language that was Turing complete.

In other words, Brainfuck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck

It only has 8 commmands and *nothing* else, SOOO SIMPLE!!!

I've been incredibly productive ever since I switched to BF! It's so
amazingly simple and orthogonal that it only takes *just* a day or so to
write a "hello world"! Brilliant!

Today "hello world", next millennium "pong", and then some glorious
day...*real useful software*! Mwahahahahah!!!!!

/sarcastic_bastard turns back to his complicated language and resumes
getting real work done...