Make const, immutable, inout, and shared illegal as function attributes on the left-hand side of a function

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 11 05:47:55 PDT 2014

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4043#issuecomment-58748353

There has been a broad support for this on the newsgroup discussion
because this regularly confuses beginners.
There are also some arguments against it (particularly by Walter) saying
that this change will put too much work on D code owners.

Let's continue with the following steps.
- add RHS/LHS function qualifiers to D's style guide
- change all code formatting (like dmd's headergen and ddoc to use RHS
qualifiers)
- help Brian to get dfix up and running
(https://github.com/Hackerpilot/dfix/issues/1)

Then we might revisit the topic in 6 month and see whether we have
better arguments now.