GDC & Pandaboard/QEMU & Framebuffer

John A via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 12 04:42:07 PDT 2014

> At the last time I tested, all unittests and testsuite had been
> passing on ARM.

Very nice. I'd like to replicate what you did. I haven't looked
at Phobos at all yet, I'm working on getting opengl up and going
first.

Any chance you can post instructions on exactly how you did that?
Or point me to a url with those instructions? That would be
fantastic!

Example of some things I think are relevant:
- I'm assuming gdc or did you use ldc instead? Which version of
gdc+gcc?
- Was Phobos cross-compiled or did you compile on the devkit
itself?
- If cross-compiled, for which ARM architecture (cortex a8, a9,
M3, other)?
- What was the Host environment and it's configuration (linux vs
Win)? If Linux, which version and did you have to install
additional packages?
- Which repository and revision of Phobos did you use?
- Did you make any changes to the Phobos source to get it to
compile?
- What were the exact command lines you used to compile Phobos?
Can you supply a Makefile?
- What environment and configuration did you use to run the tests
(Bare-metal, linux, qemu, etc.)? If not qemu, which devkit/board
did you use (beagleboard, pandaboard, Raspberry PI, etc.)?
- What was the OS and configuration of the devkit?
- Did you have to update or install any additional libraries (.a
or .so) onto the board?

Thanks in advance!
John