Will D ever get optional named parameters?

"岩倉 澪" via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 13 01:29:40 PDT 2014

 From what I've found, there was some work on this in the past
(http://forum.dlang.org/thread/wokfqqbexazcguffwiif@forum.dlang.org?page=6#post-thclpgdlfxxhhfklwsoj:40forum.dlang.org),
but a pull request was never made/I don't seem to find discussion
about adding it as a feature anywhere.

I think optional named parameters would be a nice addition,
either to the core language, or something like the monadic
solution from that old thread in phobos.

Are there good reasons not to add something like this to the
language, or is it simply a matter of doing the work? Has it been
discussed much?