Stats on D usage/download ?

NimrodTheShlomo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 13 05:41:11 PDT 2014

On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 12:28:58 UTC, NimrodTheShlomo wrote:
> On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 09:22:35 UTC, chmike wrote:
>> Where could I find stats on D usage and compiler download ?
>>
>> Shouldn't such information be made clearly visible on the
>> homepage menu ?
>> This would provide feedback on the adoption and popularity of
>> D.
>
> Hi. A.A has posted something about that a few weeks ago:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lu6mhc$t2k$1@digitalmars.com

forgot to say: everybody who has or used to have the dl stats of
their softs knows that one dl does not mean "usage".It's even
worth in the commercial world (demo, sharewares), e.g: for 100 dl
you'll get 1 licence bought. People downloads some things and
doesn't give a fuckin damn about...So the previous link is not
reliable. Maybe take 10% for real usage as it's free and mostly
open source.