Worse is better?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 13 07:58:06 PDT 2014

On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 13:56:20 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 11:39:26 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 11:07:39 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> From a system level language I don't really need:
>>> - templates
>
> This is the no. 1 feature that I would like to have in a system
> level programming languages such as hypothetical "C with
> templates"

In practice I use few templates in low level code. I might start
out with a template, and then end up using something concrete for
various reasons (performance, needed to modify the ADT as the
code base evolve, memory layout, desire for transparent source
code).

Nice to have, but not critical to success IMO.