Make const, immutable, inout, and shared illegal as function attributes on the left-hand side of a function

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 13 08:58:04 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 12 October 2014 at 19:33:40 UTC, eles wrote:
> I beg forgiveness, but I think it was a timid suggestion to
> clean up a bit Phobos...

No.

I actually think it's a very good thing that it's possible to
preserve old, obsolete modules in Phobos.  As long as everything
is covered in a strict deprecation warning to let everyone
understand it is obsolete, it's better to keep the code there for
backwards compatibility than gratuitously remove it, because of
the risks of breakage to old codebases.

For the same reason, I'm happy to see LHS attributes be
deprecated, but not for support for them to be removed.