Worse is better?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 14 04:57:42 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 11:04:03 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
> Why drop down to C/C++?
>
> It would be like saying you need to drop down to them from D.

Not sure what you meant here. Cocoa+tooling provides a fairly
high level environment. You drop down to C when you need speed or
low level interfacing. It was only an example, you could pick any
high level environment.

> C suffers from its designers not wanting to acknowledge what
> other systems programmers were doing, not from BCPL design.

Well, I am not really sure if C suffers all that much. It was an
improvement on BCPL and aimed for easy porting so you can port to
new hardware platforms easily. And has been rather successful at
that. D is nowhere near that level of platform support.