[OT] Ada gems

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 14 08:30:13 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 14:56:53 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 13:52:24 UTC, eles wrote:

http://ask-beta.slashdot.org/story/14/04/30/1344224/c-and-the-stl-12-years-later-what-do-you-think-now

"I've been using it professionally for 15 years now, and if I
observe anything, it's that the longer I use it, the more my
stuff looks like C. I keep shaking my head at younger colleagues
mis-using templates all over the place ("re-usability!", and
hour-long compile times, coupled with really non-obvious implicit
conversions and instantiations, never mind the error messages),
and object-oriented hierarchies where each object is such a tiny
part of the system that you need to remember 10 classes at the
same time just to have a slight inkling of what this thing is
actually supposed to do."