[OT] Ada gems

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 15 00:31:44 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 19:49:08 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Am 14.10.2014 um 17:30 schrieb eles:
>> On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 14:56:53 UTC, eles wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 13:52:24 UTC, eles wrote:

> consistency between 3rd party libraries. Java has spoiled me

While I agree with all this, I think the reason for Java's
developing smoothness is not portability as such, but the
unitarity of it.

This is exactly how Bjarne puts it: "Java is not portable over
platforms, Java is *a platform*."

Which is quite true, might it be not interesting for some
applications. In a way is just like one would brag about Windows
apps portability on the grounds that all operating systems
support Virtualbox...