dub configuration for external dependencies

Shammah Chancellor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 15 05:30:16 PDT 2014

I'm not sure where the appropriate place to ask about dub is.  There
doesn't seem to be a newsgroup for it?

Anyways,  I am wondering what the proper way to deal with external
non-D dependencies is.   For example, libd-llvm uses a lot of libraries
from LLVM whose library path changes from machine to machine, and some
of the list of 30 libraries changes as well.   They have a nice
configuration tool llvm-config which emits ldflags which are very nice
to use from makefiles but I don't see any way to obtain this
information from within the dub.json.

Do I essentially need to make an autotools-esque script to generate the
dub.json?  That seems to be at odds with the ability to register
packages.

-S