Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 15 07:35:41 PDT 2014

Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> writes:

> On 10/14/2014 11:23 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2014-10-15 07:57, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> Why do you need non-fatal unittests?
>>
>> I don't know if this would cause problems with the current approach. But most
>> unit test frameworks don't NOT stop on the first failure, like D does. It
>> catches the exception, continues with the next test and in the end prints a
>> final report.
>
> I understand that, but I don't think that is what Dicebot is looking
> for. He's looking to recover from unittests, not just continue.

That is what I am looking for, just being able to continue from a failed
assert in a unittest.  On iOS, it is easier to build one app with all
unit tests.  This is because I don't know of a way to automate the
download/run of a bunch of smaller unittests.  The test driver catches
Throwables, records failure, then goes on to the next test.  After
catching up on this thread, I feel like unittests should throw
an Exceptions.