Consistent bugs with dmd -O -inline in a large project

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 16 01:45:17 PDT 2014

On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 13:11:13 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Monday, 13 October 2014 at 09:18:01 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> I have the same problem. If I don't use -O it works fine
>> (-inline is ok). If I use it, I get an error when executing
>> the program.
>
> I had the same about a year ago, thought i was going crazy and
> refactored the program and it went away. Never did find out
> what was causing it.

I think there is no easy way of finding out where the
optimization goes wrong. But should this happen at all, i.e. does
it point to a flaw in my program or is it a compiler bug? I like
to think it's the latter, after all the program works perfectly
without -O. On the other hand, it's scary because I have no clue
where to look for the offender.