So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 17 04:22:49 PDT 2014

On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 09:39:27 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 October 2014 at 05:45:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> But you don't know the return type of the templated function
>> until you know which combination of templates it instantiated?
>
> Yes, but this is true already today for enable_if?

That sounds right, but I think the combination of auto + concepts
will make it easy to do and it might turn into a common paradigm…

Composing the most efficient return object based on some
constraints generally sounds like a good idea when people get
used to using auto for capturing return types.

After having watched some of the cppcon videos I am getting the
impression that C++ will be more and more difficult to interface
with without building "clang" into the compiler.