C++ Ranges proposal for the Standard Library

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 17 12:49:06 PDT 2014

On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 19:11:48 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 17:14:24 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Am 17.10.2014 um 17:14 schrieb "Ola Fosheim
>> =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
>> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>":
>>> On Friday, 17 October 2014 at 09:52:26 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
>
>> And sloooowwwweeeerrr
>
> And it has
> taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabs! :((

Tabs, in and out of themselves, aren't bad. Arguably, they are
better than spaces. In a perfect world, everyone would use tabs
everywhere, and each individual would set their editor to their
prefered indent size (personally, I like too. It's concise)

However, once you start working with people who can't be arsed to
keep a consistent style, then you have to "lower your standard to
the lowest common denominator". That's mostly the reason people
tend to opt for spaces everywhere.

I just read this though:
"Python 3 disallows mixing the use of tabs and spaces for
indentation."
Fucking WIN. A compiler that will *refuse* to compile your code
because it is too ugly? Mind BLOWN.