C++ Ranges proposal for the Standard Library

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 18 10:30:08 PDT 2014

On 10/18/2014 9:16 AM, Sean Kelly wrote:
>  But dismissing ranges out of hand for not being sufficiently
> "powerful and foundational" is just silly.

I agree. It's like "foreach" in D. It's less powerful and foundational than a
"for" loop (in fact, the compiler internally rewrites foreach into for), but
that takes nothing away from how darned useful (and far less bug prone) foreach is.

Also, the glue layer rewrites "for" loops into "goto" loops, as gotos are more
powerful and foundational :-)