What is the status of 64-bit development on Windows?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 20 12:04:13 PDT 2014

On Monday, 20 October 2014 at 18:36:20 UTC, katuday wrote:
> I am new to D. Where do I get a D compiler to build 64-bit
> binaries on Windows 7?
> Searching the forum shows 64-bit support on Windows as
> work-in-progress in 2013. Is this still the case?
> Thanks.

Win64 is pretty well-supported for some time now, though you have
to install the MSVC toolchain to use it.  The download page was
updated a couple months ago in a confusing way, all dmd compilers
support 64-bit compilation:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/593/files

What the download page means to say is that there's no 64-bit dmd
binary for Windows, but the 32-bit dmd binary will compile D
source into 64-bit Windows code also.  I'd submit a pull to make
this clear, but I'm not sure where it should go on the page.  It
should be fixed.