Linking to other resources in the installer

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 20 18:39:20 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 at 01:03:21 UTC, Xinok wrote:
> Recent statistics of the downloads on dlang.org suggest that D
> may have thousands of active users who keep up to date on the
> latest releases of DMD. However, there are many who simply
> don't participate in the community here. As such, they may be
> unaware of certain resources, such as the forums, wiki, DUB
> registry, and bug tracker.

For reference, I haven't said this publicly. But the survey I did
fairly recently on the newsgroup regarding to educational tooling
gave a rather interesting datem. Somebody referred to themselves
as a corporate administrator. Not as an educator or student.
Given that they are in our community actively this really
suggests we have a much larger community base reading the
newsgroup, maybe not active but nonetheless keeping up to date.
It also means institutions administrators might be well aware of
us and planning on teaching D. Well who knows, one point isn't
enough to do analysis or see any trends. Let alone assert
anything other than it existed.