OT: Minecraft death by GC

ROOAR via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 21 02:07:03 PDT 2014

> I could quote the entire post, but the bottom line is: this
> issue has nothing to do with the GC. Crappy code is crappy
> code. So your OP is just pointless troll.

  This issue sure does seem to crop up in GC world, wonder why. Oh
well.

  That company with $2.5 billion can't find competent Java
engineers lolz!

  Memory isn't scaling at the rate compute is. I wonder how much
worse this issue will be in 5 years. Oh well, let's just write
more Java code:)

>In D this rate of allocation would make GC take 100% of CPU
>time. The fact that Java survives it with just some frame rate
>loss >
>shows how great its GC is.

  So:
Java GC is turd