OT: Minecraft death by GC

Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 21 02:56:50 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 at 09:37:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 at 09:14:00 UTC, Szymon Gatner
> wrote:
>> Crazy idea: reach pleayerbase of Minecraft. Hit the same
>> problem with D. Sell it to Microsoft for 2.5B$. Use the money
>> to support D's @nogc ;]
>
> Great plan! Make a DIP! or:
>
> 1. mobile chat for Africa, sell to Google for $4B.
> 2. world of geekcraft, sell to Microsoft for $8B.
> 3. Cobol to D converter, sell to banks for $16B.
> 3. facebook for stock investors, IPO for $32B.

Not quite sure if you mean actual deals (tho 2 mins of googling
confirm my suspicion that you are joking ;) but I certainly
wasn't:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/15/microsoft-buys-minecraft-creator-mojang-for-25bn

With FB I suspect you mean WatsApp for 22B?