Blaming the D language

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 21 23:06:52 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 at 05:17:54 UTC, Domingo Alvarez
Duarte wrote:

> There is no backport/bug fix for the stable releases

I understand now for each release 2.0XX there can be some bugfix
releases like 2.0XX.Y. For example, 2.066.1 is a bugfix release
for 2.066.

> Let's talk about libraries now, there is some silly things like
> associative array not having a "clear/lenght=0" way to reset
> it, and people sugest create templates that does:
>
> foreach(string key; aa.keys) aa.remove(key);

Yep, that one bugged me too. Then I realized this clearance just
makes key-value pairs become garbage, so there is a simpler and
more effective equivalent:

     A[B] freshCleanAA;
     aa = freshCleanAA;

(where A[B] denotes the type of aa)