Blaming the D language

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 22 05:39:14 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 at 12:17:32 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> It is easy to write ugly code in D without string mixins.
> Just take a look at the (ab)use of UFCS...

I am not a fan of UFCS either… I think it is nice to be able to
extend aggregates with new member functions, UFCS isn't required
to do that.

I think it would be better to focus on formally defining a nice
generic vocabulary of free functions: sort, length etc… and
rather add regular pipelining with tuples. E.g.:

arr -> sort -> serialize -> f.write;   ===>
savearray(serialize(sort(arr)))

[(1,2),(3,4)] -> ((_,y1),(x2,_)) => y1*x2 -> f.write;