debug = x overrides command line

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 22 13:04:52 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 22:33:02 Steven Schveighoffer via
Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 10/21/14 3:24 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> > On 10/21/2014 12:15 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 at 17:25:37 UTC, Steven
> >> Schveighoffer

> >> Please raise a ticket for this.
> >
> > That was done deliberately - it's a feature. It enables
> > things like
> > debugging printf's to be inserted into pure functions.
>
> Right. But my understanding was that was only when you were
> actually
> compiling with debug enabled. I didn't expect it to be a
> feature to be
> able to do this without debug enabled, as it currently is.

Yeah, being able to just enable the debug blocks from within the
code like
that seems questionable to me and has nothing to do with debug
blocks
disabling pure functions. It just makes for a nastier side effect
when debug
blocks are enabled within the code rather than via the
command-line.

- Jonathan M Davis