Change Tab Sizes in Forum Posts

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 00:29:23 PDT 2014

Most of us print out codes in posts, especially D codes. I use
tabs
instead of spaces in my code editor, and I directly copy codes
from there into a post. Problem is that when a line is too long,
it
becomes multiline mostly due to the very narrow width of pages
(Forum
takes half of my screen only.)

One of the biggest reason in this problem is the width of tabs.
They
are just unbelievably wide.

CSS has "tab-size" keyword that allows to change to with of tabs.
So,
if the CSS is to be updated for let's say 4 spaces for a tab, that
will make codes much more good looking I think.

Example:
pre{
	tab-size: 4
}