std.experimental.logger formal review round 3

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 03:59:43 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 11 October 2014 at 13:34:29 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> All that code is contained in 30 line template, That is by far
> the best working option anybody could come up with
>>
>> I even proposed an alternative that uses type tags instead.
>> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/95fb6a4e086d
>
> And I showed that it did not work.

I never got a reply on this. Let's please try to solve this
problem.
Depending on the leakage of version identifiers from client to
library code (only templates) has severe issues. For example a
template isn't reinstantiated, if it was already instatiated in
another module (allinst switch). Also version identifiers work
globally so you'll probably turn on logging in all libraries you
use.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lrf362$tkn$1@digitalmars.com

>> - Documentation is out of sync.
> gh-page is yes, give me 15min