Change Tab Sizes in Forum Posts

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 09:54:07 PDT 2014

On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 09:17:52 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> I think the column limit for word wrapping should be increased
> to at least 80

The problem with that is that you'll get terrible line wrapping
of any quoted parts after the first reply. Newsreaders and email
clients wrap before 80 to give some room for quoted region
prefixes. I only know this because I asked Vladimir in IRC why
the forum wraps at 65ish and some people ended up explaining this
to me. I don't like it still but I understand why it is this way
now.

I believe there is an unfinished pull request for DFeed to
re-newline quoted regions to avoid this problem.