D in my trashbin

Kyoji Klyden via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 15:46:58 PDT 2014

On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 13:45:10 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:26:15 +0000
> Meta via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's try to help debug the problem rather than making
>> presumptions about OPs technical knowledge.
> that's only if OP wants his problem to be solved. here it's
> clear that
> he doesn't want to solve the problem, as he gives no details at
> all
> (not even OS, let alone describing what he did and what he
> got). there
> is nothing to help with. it's not about tone of OP posting,
> it's about
> having nothing to start with. should we torture him to get that
> gory
> details?

Despite all rationale, priority should be in offering our
assistance, regardless of how futile it may be (Futile, because
in this case it's not likely he would have ever responded). It'd
be beneficial to atleast somewhat dispel D's "expert only" facade
that newcomers tend to get.