D in my trashbin

Kyoji Klyden via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 16:31:35 PDT 2014

On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 23:05:49 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> that's why we have D.learn NG, where people tries not just
> answer to
> question, but explain the answer, and answer's hidden
> complexity if
> there is any, and so on. i rarely see answers with just a fixed
> code in
> D.learn, almost always there is an explanation what was done
> wrong and
> why, and how to do the things right (and why).
>
> i believe that D.general is for advanced users. but even then
> people
> will get detailed answers here if that people really want to
> solve
> their troubles.

I wouldn't argue with that. Every time I've gone onto the learn
forum I've gotten very helpful answers. Though newcomers don't
always seem to find their way to learn ng for whatever variety of
reasons. Perhaps we should get a giant flashing button on the
homepage that says "Beginners click here!"? The button could then
take them around to all the right places, so they don't end up
like the poor OP.

I honestly don't know if I'm being serious or horribly sarcastic
at this point.;P