D in my trashbin

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 17:49:57 PDT 2014

On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 22:46:59 UTC, Kyoji Klyden wrote:
> Despite all rationale, priority should be in offering our
> assistance, regardless of how futile it may be (Futile, because
> in this case it's not likely he would have ever responded). It'd
> be beneficial to atleast somewhat dispel D's "expert only"
> facade that newcomers tend to get.

The issues with installation have gone way down now that we have
all these platform specific installers. It doesn't matter how
"expert" you are, having an installation go wrong is very
annoying.

In this particular case there is nothing to solution. We don't
know any details about his problem, we don't know why he ended up
in this newsgroup. He isn't going to help us identify any issues
that we can address; and historically this has happened many
times where someone just wants to complain because they didn't
like the language to begin with.