Algorithms to solve programming contest problems

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 26 15:42:14 PDT 2014

On 10/26/2014 10:11 PM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> please, no! ;-) there is alot sense of having many things in phobos.
> for beginners it's much easier to use just compiler and standard
> library, for example.  it's much easier than "oh, well, compiler. and
 > that strange 'dub' thing.

Well dmd isn't any simpler than dub.

> and i have to write 'dubfile' to pull that library.

We plan to support single files with dub
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/issues/103).

and... uh-oh, internet connection. and... ah, forget it!"

Seriously, internet connection, well you can fetch packages and use them
locally.

> and there is rdmd, which is *very* handy for scripting. i found myself
> writing alot of CLI scripts in D instead of bash/tcl/smth-other.

See single file support in dub.

> and last, but not least: not everyone wants to switch to dub.

What's the problem?

> let phobos have alot of things. thay may be suboptimal, but at least
> they are here when someone needs 'em.

No, it means we (a few people) have to maintain all that stuff.

 > and i really want libasync to be
> included too! ;-)

That's 1 approach to asynchronous computation and callbacks have severe
drawbacks. I'm happy to see that someone sat down and wrote that
epoll/kqueue/IOCP abstraction but I don't think there is a standard
async solution.