Dub integrated into the compiler?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 26 20:41:55 PDT 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:34:34 +0000
Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> It probably could, I didn't even think about that. But I think
> you're "universal" interface idea is a bit better and it seems
> like something that could very easily be added to rdmd or dmd
> itself in a jiffy.
i'm dreaming about having this as CTFE interface. one, for example,
could write special module like 'core.import_resolver', DMD will load
and parse it when it encounters missing import, and then evaluate some
of it's well-defined API funcions that can prepare command line for the
necessary tool or even execute that tool and parse it's output.

sure, this is not safe and not secure, so such such things as "allow
import resolver to execute external programs" must be explicitly
enabled with some CLI switch.