Dub integrated into the compiler?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 01:05:47 PDT 2014

On 10/27/2014 3:40 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:

> It isn't a big leap from what we have now, but personally I think it
> would help greatly with generating a larger user base by just making
> things easier.

I can't count the number of times over the years I have heard this as a
reason to add feature X to software Y. In reality, it rarely works out
that way. For my two cents, I don't see any benefit to integrating dub
with dmd when invoking dub does what you want already. dub will
eventually ship with dmd releases, so at that point it will be even
easier to get going with than it is now without tying it directly to the
compiler.