Algorithms to solve programming contest problems

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 05:23:56 PDT 2014

Walter Bright:

> http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-algorithms-required-to-solve-all-problems-using-C++-in-any-competitive-coding-contest
>
> Anyone want to review these and see what we should add to
> Phobos?

It's a good idea to help people that want to use D for contests,
because contests require to write small programs from scratch and
this is a very good situation to try new/uncommon languages as D.

Some of those algorithms seem too much large to implement for
Phobos (Voronoi), other seem too much specialized, but some of
them seem acceptable for Phobos.

Regarding simple but very useful things to add to Phobos, I have
several Phobos enhancement requests in Bugzilla, that are often
more basic than the algorithms in that page. If you want I can
list some of them here.

Bye,
bearophile