toString refactor in druntime

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 15:02:18 PDT 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:04:55 -0400
Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> I think this is overkill for this purpose. We need something simple
> to save a few lines of code.
18KB (even less) module which consists mostly of functional templates,
generates nice string mixin and adds part of writef functionality and
can convert nicely formatted strings and args to series of calls to any
function is overkill? ok. who i am to teach people that metaprogramming
is the way to automate boring things...

sure, i won't force anyone to use that, i can't take the pleasure of
writing sink boilerplate calls from people.