BNF grammar for D?

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 15:43:45 PDT 2014

> There are links to my projects in that thread. https://github.com/
> Hackerpilot/libdparse should help. The doc comments for the parser tell
> you the grammar that they implement. (The DGrammar project is based on
> these ddoc comments. This reminds me that I need to update it.) The
> official language spec on http://dlang.org/grammar.html has been getting
> better recently. You may want to look at that as well.

Not only was I ninja'd by the actual expert, just realized your project is
explicitly based on mine... go look at Brian's stuff, it's much better than
mine.

>From my mucking about before, I think you'll get more mileage from using
libdparse directly than trying to (re)implement a parser for the plugin.
For one, you save yourself all the pain of fixing weird edge cases and
keeping up to date.