BNF grammar for D?

landaire via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 27 15:40:20 PDT 2014

On Monday, 27 October 2014 at 22:35:16 UTC, Jeremy Powers via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> This looks eerily familiar...
>
> I took a stab at an Intellij plugin a long time ago, and
> happened to pick
> the same name:
>
> https://github.com/elendel-/intelliD
>
> Been meaning to pick back up again, but haven't had the
> chance... was
> waiting for the Eclipse plugin code to mature, then got
> distracted.  Feel
> free to take anything that looks useful.
>

> Brian Schott (Hackerpilot) has done a lot of useful work
> grammar wise.  See:
>
> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DGrammar
>
> An interesting path to take for an intellij plugin would be to
> use his
> DCD/libdparse for all the heavy lifting, with the plugin just
> farming out
> the work to external daemon process(es).  That would avoid
> having yet
> another lexer/parser implementation to keep up to date.

I actually forked yours originally to get it running in IDEA 14,
then decided to mess with the lexer since it was causing some
problems and went off from there. I saw it was somewhat inactive
and tried contacting you, but couldn't find any of your contact
info anywhere! Glad to see you turned up here.