What IDE/EDITOR do you use for D?

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 30 02:18:52 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 29 October 2014 at 19:38:16 UTC, dan wrote:
> What IDE/EDITOR do you use for D? What plugins if you use Vim?

Vim with dutyl and a few other odds and ends.

I'm not really a fan of IDEs, I like syntax highlighting,
auto-completion and go-to-definition etc. but I don't see why I
should have to use an enormous monolithic program with a terrible
text editor just to get those features.

I'd far rather start with a good text editor and add on the fancy
extras.

Integrated debugging has never been much use to me, but I realise
that it does depend a lot on the sort of projects one works on. I
fire up gdb once a week for a really confusing segfault, but
almost everything else is easier for me to find with printf and
similar.

I think there is the concept of an IDE out there that I would
like, but to my knowledge it hasn't been made.